Tuesday, June 29

Fathers Office (Los Angeles): One of the BEST burgers on the planet!

I have been hearing about Father's Office forever & from EVERYONE! It's a really great pub/burger bar/they have a LOT of beers kinda place...and every single person told me the exact same thing, “you HAVE to order the ‘Office Burger’ ”…so of course I did! And I gotta say…They’ve got one KILLER burger!! (Thank God because there are only like 5 main course options…) This burger is like no other I have ever had...the crusty toasted bread is perfect, the extra lean ground sirloin/chuck is perfect (I love the fact that it's lean by the way...a quality burger doesn't need much fat to be juicy), the gruyere cheese, carmelized onions, and arugula are all PERFECT!! (btw, as of now arugula is my new green of choice for burgers!) My mouth is watering just writing about it! Everything on the burger works so well together...which is probably why you have no choice but to get the burger just as it is...no seriously, substitutions are strictly forbidden. We also shared some sweet potatoe fries, which were very good as well...but beware, they DO NOT have ketchup here...or ranch(!!) The fries come w/ their special blue cheese aioli, which is nothing to complain about (though I did miss my ketchup!)I’m almost mad that this burger is so good because the process of getting a table here in order to actually enjoy your burger is a nightmare! I visited the Helms ave. location and trying to grab a seat is enough to give anyone an anxiety attack. It’s a free-for-all…as in, you see a seat, you grab it (fast!), it’s yours…though you will likely have to fight off other poachers to get it! We waited a good 30-40 minutes for a space to eat (I now understand why they warn you, before you even enter the building, not to order your food until you have a table…lovely…especially when you are STARVING!!!) Thank God my friend Danielle has balls of steel because this chick tried to sweet talk her way into the seats we had been eyeing!! (Let’s just say she found out real quickly where she WASN’T going to be sitting…oi!) You can save yourself some grief by arriving before 6:30pm...but good luck on the weekends...

Regardless of the crazy...I will definitely be back for this burger...even if I do have to take a Xanax before I get there!

Fathers Office http://www.fathersoffice.com/ (2 locations):


Santa Monica - 1018 Montana Ave Santa Monica, CA 90403
Los Angeles - 3229 Helms Ave Los Angeles, CA 90034


Back to the website: www.girllovesfood.com

Father's Office (Los Angeles) on Urbanspoon

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home